At Agored Cymru we are committed to supporting our centres to provide the best service possible to their learners. To ensure this happens we have certain quality assurance and finance checks we must undertake before your organisation can become an Agored Cymru recognised centre. Before starting our Centre Recognition process please consider the information below.
- All centres will need to be responsible and accountable for their quality assurance.
- Centres will need to have capacity to manage quality assurance; this includes assessment of learners and internal quality assurance.
- An individual(s) who is competent to complete internal verification checks (or is willing to undertake training).
- We require centres to have policies/strategies in place that cover the following areas:
- Equality and Diversity – this may also include links to other policies such as disability discrimination etc
- Safeguarding – this could include DBS, Health and Safety, Child Protection etc
- Internal Verification
- Fair Assessment
- Malpractice – this could link to other associated policies such as plagiarism
- Data Protection – or statement
- Welsh Language.
If this is not currently the case you may be asked to prepare policies in these areas, and in many cases we will be able to provide exemplars.
- You will need to ensure sufficient budget to gain and maintain Agored Cymru centre status and accreditation costs.
- If you are accessing funding to gain centre recognition, you must be able to provide evidence of the funding to Agored Cymru.
During the centre recognition process Agored Cymru will require information about your organisation. Evidence of quality assurance procedures and finances will be requested.
For more information or to discuss this in further detail please contact email@example.com.
To apply for centre recognition, follow this simple process:
1. Register your interest
If you haven't already been in touch you can do that here, and we will get back to you.
2. Provide details about your organisation
If you have the potential to become a recognised centre, you will need to provide us with details about your organisation.
3. Complete our Centre Recognition form
Complete the Centre Recognition form demonstrating that you meet all of the requirements. We will provide you with a named contact to support you through this process.