Agored Cymru is finalist in the Qualification of the Year category for the 2017 FAB Awards. The Level 4 Diploma in Data Analytics has been named one of only five qualifications to reach the final throughout the UK.
Kevern Kerswell, Chief Executive, Agored Cymru said: “I am delighted that we have reached the final of the FAB Awards for the second successive year. The Agored Cymru Level 4 Diploma in Data Analytics deserves the accolade of the FAB Qualification of the Year. It is a unique qualification meeting the growing demand for the development of skills and occupational competence in data analysis.
"Data analytics offers organisations the tools to help them understand their business better, and improve services. The effective use of data analytics can have dramatic and positive effects on public services too, and we are pleased to be playing our part.”
“Our qualification is the only designated qualification of its kind in Wales and the only higher level Diploma available within the Data Analytics (Wales) Apprenticeship Framework.”
Now in its third year, the Awards recognise the contributions made by awarding organisations and their employees to education and skills in the UK over the past year.
The FAB 2017 Awards dinner is being held at the end of the first day of the FAB Conference, on 19 October at the Marriott Hotel in Leicester.
Stephen Wright, FAB Chief Executive, says: “We received more entries to the Awards than ever before and the standard was exceptionally high. We look forward to announcing the winners and to celebrating the successes within the industry at the Awards dinner on 19 October. ” The finalists are:
Qualification of the year sponsored by Cirrus Assessment
• Agored Cymru - Level 4 Diploma in Data Analytics
• Ascentis - Level 1 Award in Understanding British Values
• ILM - Level 3 Diploma for Managers
• Open Awards - Level 2 Award in Skills for Teaching Independent Travel Training
• SFEDI Awards - Passport to Enterprise and Employment
Awarding organisation of the year sponsored by Coelrind
• Aim Awards
• Future (Awards and Qualifications)
• Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
Individual of the year sponsored by Gordon Associates
• Nigel Barraclough - Qualsafe Awards
• Terry Fennell - FDQ
• Julie Hyde- CACHE/NCFE
• Jenny Newton - Open Awards
• Kelly Venter -Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
Innovation of the year sponsored by British Council
• Digital Assess - CompareAssess
• IMI - MOT Products
• The London Institute of Banking & Finance - Qualification: Lessons in Financial Education
• World Chefs and City & Guilds - Digital Credentialing
• YMCA - Y-Mark: A revolution in marking